Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Altered Notes Holder


Here is a true junking altered project. I found two old metal graters for 50 cents each. I wired the two together, and then I started layering on bits and bobs I had in my stash.

One side has a mini notepad held in place with a large clip. I tied a piece of measuring tape printed ribbon to the clip. I added "NOTES" with Scrabble letters across the top, and then tied on a beautiful brown bow from a scrap a ribbon.

The other side is my favorite! I dangled a chandelier drop from the metal at the top. I layered a vintage crochet doily behind an old photo of two sisters. I held these on using a clothespin that I embellished with some text from an old school book. My intent is to change the photo out when I want something "new."

Then I added the feather that I found in my yard and a velvet flower that I pieced together, topped with a button and a rhinestone.

This piece was a lot of fun to put together. If you make one, please share a photo with me!

1 Comments:

Blogger gaylemarie said...

Erica, this is inspiring! I find it truly amazing how you can make something so creative out of old metal graters :) wonderful! Love it!!

April 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home