Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, January 30, 2012

Springtime Cards

Winter has barely hit us here in TX, but I'm already looking forward to spring. Once the Christmas stuff is away, I need something to get me and the house through the winter blahs. I made a few cards while I watched TV the other night. Winter TV is also pretty blah, aside from the return of Downton Abbey of course.

I layered some papers for this card, using a die cut Webster's Pages paper and a scrap from one of those Making Memories vintage kits they used to sell. A cluster of flowers, vintage trim, and some pearls complete it.


I liked the wild floral pattern on this paper, but didn't want it to overwhelm a card. So I layered  it with a few soft patterns and then embellished with items that bring out the colors in the floral paper. It's a little "louder" than my usual work, but I wanted to try something different. The paper is also flocked, so it feels like old wallpaper, a favorite supply.


I'm looking forward to spring flowers and green grass. I'm glad it arrives here sooner than most places.
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home