Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lily

This weekend is my niece Lily's 2nd birthday. She's growing up so fast, and getting into more trouble than ever!

Here are pics from a birthday album I did for her 1st birthday. I made one for me, one for my sister, and one for my mom. It's made with white paper bags bound with binder rings. I went through all my paper and ribbon scraps and pulled out anything that was pink and green. I tucked little tags that I made, her party invitation, and more photos into the open ends of the bags.

I layered a vellum cover with the title over the first bag that had her photo, a large "1" sticker, and a tag with the date of the occasion. I created her name on the cover using a variety of letter rub-ons.



I had a lot of photos of her smooshing and eating her cake, and I wanted to include several. I created a couple of pages using these photos, then added more to tags that I tucked into the paper bag sleeves.

This one is my favorite - look at that impish grin as she smashes the cake in her little fists!

I used vintage lace and ephemera in the book. Here is a vintage flash card that captured the moment perfectly!


This page is my favorite. I create a little "party girl" using a photo of her running through the house in her "post-party" outfit. I cut wings from patterned paper to layer behind the photo. The hat and balloon are stickers that I put onto cardstock and cut out.

Happy Birthday Lily! Don't throw sand at people!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That child is just gorgeous!!!!!! I don't have a lot of pictures of Lily from this year's party...i have some of her opening her presents and eating cake and that's about it...she was too busy running around to be able to get any pics. Robin has some that she took so hopefully between the 2 of us we have some good ones for her new album.

June 18, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous David said...

Anonymous sounds like a family member :)

June 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home