Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, December 28, 2009

Weekend Fun

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! My husband and I spent a quiet day at home. On Christmas Eve, it snowed - all day. This is the first time I have seen a white Christmas in Texas.

One of my gifts was such a surprise - a trunk full of vintage jewelry and "stuff" to use in my projects.



This treasure chest has been sitting under the tree for a month and I was secretly trying to guess what could be in it. This is not what I expected! I also received a new sewing machine, so I can do some stitching on my cards and layouts and hopefully put it to use creating some fabric collages.

We spent the weekend in Houston visiting husband's family. And then, yesterday I got to go here:


Archiver's! In Houston. The closest Archiver's to us is in Austin, three hours away. So when I found out there is an Archiver's in Houston, I made sure we had to stop on the way home.

It reminded me of the Recollections stores that we used to have.

I bought a few goodies, but my favorite purchase is this:



A Dymo Caption Maker. I love my Dymo label maker, but when I saw script font on a Dymo label on one of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, I had to have it. I had no idea where he got it, but I wanted it. While browsing through Archiver's, I spotted it! Now it's mine. I'm hoping to spend some time this week working on some layouts that I have long neglected. I'll be loading up this bad boy to try out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Erica! What a wonderful treasure chest of great goodies! I can't wait to see what you create with them!

December 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger The Scrappy Tree said...

Oh my goodness, fab Christmas goodies!

December 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Anonymous free lance writer said...

cool you have great weekend!!so a lot treasures1

July 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home