Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, April 19, 2010

Angels Among Us

I made an ATC last week. Well, it actually took me a couple weeks to make. I started it before my Easter vacation and didn't get to finish it until I came back home. This one has layers and layers of stuff.

I started with a Webster's Pages Petite Papers that has their alphas printed on it. I could never think of a reason to use these papers, but it made a great background. I covered this with a vintage prescription image printed on vellum. Next came the little girl's photo, which I painted around with gesso and pink acrylic paint.


She looked like a little angel, so that's what I made her. I added German foil wings and a halo from Stickles. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The soft flowers in the lower-right under the butterfly were cut from an old birthday card - the kind with soft pastel colors and glitter highlighting all the right places.

I topped the card with a scrap of Jenni Bowlin Lemonade paper, punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, and title from Webster's Pages alphas. The copper lock and corner brackets were from another piece of German foil.

3 Comments:

Blogger dianapena8 said...

Oh Wow! what a gorgeous ATC, I like everything about it =Di

April 19, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful atc! That little girl image is just perfect with the sentiment you added!! I love cutting from old greeting cards too! Great work!

April 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger April Hummert said...

Love your angel! Regarding Buchanan's, this month it was at Fair Park and I believe next month it is at Market Hall. The lace lady told me she would be there next month...she was telling me about some things she didn't bring this time and I asked her to bring them next time (apparently she also owns the contents of a 1960s childrens clothing factory!!!). I am def going back and if she's not there I will be VERY upset! I need my fix!

April 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home