Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Anthologies Kit Reveal

The June Anthologies kits are now on sale! This kit is full of the Pink Paislee Queen Bee line, plus a few other unexpected surprises! I had so much fun playing with this kit. Here are the layouts I created.

For this first layout, I used the Worker Bee patterned paper as my background and layered the Bee Hive scalloped paper on top. My embellishments include a Queen Bee journaling pad sheet, die cuts, and cork buttons, Jenni Bowlin butterfly, flower made from Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage ribbon pleat and brown felt, and a few of the flowers and trim in the kit. The only items from my stash that I added were the button and baker's twine.

I really enjoyed getting to scrap some of these old photos of my grandmother. I haven't done a heritage album before and frankly, I think I was turned off by the "brown" look of most of the traditional heritage products. The muted greens, grays, and yellows of the Queen Bee collection were PERFECT for these photos.

This next layout features another photo of my grandmother; this time as a young girl. I used the Honey Bee patterned paper as my background and didn't want to add a lot to the layout because of how lovely this paper is. It looks like faded and worn wallpaper. As soon as I saw it, I knew this photo with the parasol would be perfect.


I made paper roses from the patterened papers in the kit, added a journaling pad sheet, and made the ribbon pleat using ribbon and fabric in the kit. Everything on this layout is included in the kit.

This last layout features photos and an advertising card from an antique fair we went to out in the country. The advertisement matched so perfectly with the Queen Bee line. I printed my photos in black and white and started layering on the embellishments. I used the Honeycomb patterened paper and a couple of the transparency embellishments in the kit. To balance the journaling strip (and cover a bare spot next to the photo), I created a vertical ribbon cluster from leftover trims in the kit.


Because each of these layouts has a soft, worn, vintage feel, I used my old typewriter to create the journaling on each.

I have one more project that I created with this kit. I'll share that one tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Erica!! I love the soft vintage look you have on all of these pages!

June 1, 2010 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful work Erica, just beautiful.

June 1, 2010 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger April Hummert said...

Really beautiful work!!!

June 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger BabyBokChoy said...

These are lovely projects!! :)

June 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger just lisa said...

Beautiful work Erica! Love all your flowers and your old photos too!!!

June 1, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home