Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birthday Pockets

Yesterday I shared the cover of my birthday calendar book. Here's a look at the inside pages.

For each page, I made a pocket that holds a tag with each person's birthday written on it for that month.  


I made some of the tags from lace and fabric scraps, like this one for February. The tag is a journaling card from 7 Gypsies. I used a vintage Bingo card for the base of these pages.


March's page is built on more Prima packaging - this one from a rhinestone flourish.


Throughout the book, I used supplies from Crafty Secrets, Jenni Bowlin, Prima, Webster's Pages, and vintage supplies from my stash.


I wanted each page to have it's own little "theme", but have all the pages blend together. So I didn't use holiday themes. This is a birthday book, after all.


I used some purchased tags (that had been sitting in my stash for a while) and library pockets on some of the pages. To embellish the purchased tag and pocket for June, I added a paper doily that I sprayed with Glimmer Mist and edged with Stickles. I also swapped out the tag's dark blue ribbon for some seam binding that I sprayed with gold Glimmer Mist.


July's page is my favorite - and not just because my birthday is in July. I used a piece of Prima paper for the background, made a banner with Jenni Bowlin stickers, and used a Recollections tag with that fabulous fairy on it. I added some Stickles to her wings and tied on that lovely blue and gold ribbon. The pocket is made from a scrap of lace embellished with a sewing pattern tissue ruffle and some cuts from Crafty Secrets.


August has a fun-in-the-sun summer theme. I added sparkly K&Co butterflies and seashells and beads to embellish the pocket made from a scrap of eyelet fabric.


My dad's and my husband's birthdays are both in September, so I kept this page as "masculine" as possible. That meant keeping it simple with a green and yellow color palette.


Even though I didn't want a holiday theme for the tags, I maintained the "tradition" with some black touches for the October page.


For November, I wanted a homey vintage feel.


And December also keeps it simple with a holiday-themed sticker in non-traditional colors, so it matched my book perfectly.


And finally, the back cover is made from another piece of Prima packaging. This time, from a large package of Say It In Crystals. I embellished it with some scraps to tone down the black.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Erica! My mouth hit the floor! These pages are so gorgeous! I can't even pick out a fave. I love em all!! I want a book like this! Wonderful job!

May 11, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Auntie Cake said...

I am sooooo loving this! It is to die for! I love it, love it, love it!!! I think I need a book like it! You need to do a tutorial or a class on this project!
Kate
PS- just realized ever sentence has an exclamation point. That's how much I like it!

May 11, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

You did an amazing job!!! I like how every page is so unique =D

May 11, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Vicki Boster said...

this is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Really! You did a fabulous job - and it is a real treasure. Love the bingo cards!

My beautiful ribbons are here - and I LOVE them!!!
I will definately be back for more!

You need to make a bunch of those little date books for your shop - they are winners!

Vicki

May 11, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger April Hummert said...

This is really beautiful, Erica.

May 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Lynn Stevens said...

So darling, every one of them.

I think you need to check my blog! wOOOHOOOOO
Lynn Stevens
trashtotreasureart

May 12, 2010 at 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Debra said...

I have to make one of these for sure. They are so cute.

May 14, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home