Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, November 8, 2010

Looks Like Christmas

The Halloween decorations are all packed up (sitting on the kitchen counter) and I'm making Christmas ornaments, tags, and decor. Here is a little hanging I made to kick off the season. I started with a 5x5 canvas and covered it with vintage sheet music. I printed the lovely image and started layering it with various trims and embellishments. Many of the items were received from swaps I've participated in over the last few months.



I topped it off with a sheet music fan and antique mercury glass button. I wrapped the edge with velvet ribbon and tied on an antique lace hanger.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela Harris said...

Love the paper fanning on top, beautiful creation :)
~Angela Harris

November 8, 2010 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

Love It!!!
The music paper fan is the perfect embellishment, I like this project and you've inspired me to make one :)

November 8, 2010 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Auntie Cake said...

Hi Erica,
Love the assemblage, so sweet. And I adore the button on the top, it adds just the right touch. I can't believe how much creating you manage to do!

Okay, and I so need to make something like the pumpkin shaker/wand you made at the Wicked Tea. I have a ton of nieces and nephews that we agreed on homemade presents for Christmas. I hear a snowman calling out my name. Is the papaer clay you were talking about paper mache clay? I really wish I had half your energy for creating! And I saw more pics of the Wicked Tea over at Cami's (can't think of her blog off the top of my head. ) You girls look like you had the best time. I so wish to go to something like that. Maybe next year...
Kate
Kate

November 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tree up and decorated. Number two later this week. Lily walks around singing merry Christmas

November 8, 2010 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Erica!!! I love everything about this!

November 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger kim c said...

gorgeous

November 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home