Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Treasure Hunting

... or "more junk" as my husband calls it. We ended up in Dallas last week and I didn't want to waste the trip. I found a couple of estate sales to shop while we were in the area. Here are some of my treasures.

Old advertising envelopes (available in my etsy shop), sparkly Christmas picks, doilies, and old travel postcards.


An old cigar box full of thread.


I didn't find the book, but this cover came home with me. It will be great for a Christmas altered hanging. There were several rolls of the vintage Halloween crepe paper, so I bought a couple.


A pile of old pillowcases. The eyelet fabric is actually an old dress, tattered and torn from years of use and storage.


My favorite find was this HUGE old ledger from 1903.


It has 161 of the 1,000 pages used. They aren't "filled" but they contain unique entries like "will pay when Mr. Williams pays him for the tomatoes"!


The entries include the person's name and their occupation, like blacksmith, dress maker, laborer.


I will have blank and "with writing" pages listed on etsy.
 

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Great finds! LOVE the Christmas picks!

March 24, 2011 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow! That ledger is awesome!! I love it!! It's so fun to go and read those things!

March 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

Loving the Christmas book cover, and I'm sure you'll turn it in to something breath taking =Di

March 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous David said...

The ledger weighs a lot! Probably 20 pounds or so. It was fun to carry around :)

March 24, 2011 at 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness what amazing finds! The ledger paper is STUNNING!

March 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home