Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Friday, July 1, 2011

I Love a Holiday

I love just about every American holiday, and 4th of July is no exception. It's actually one of my favorites. I think it's because I get to eat a lot of my favorite foods and spend time relaxing with my family. There's no rush to get ready for Independence Day, no gifts to buy, and no pressure to do anything. I made a few cards with a patriotic theme just to set out in the house.


I started with air mail envelopes. They have that fabulous red, white, and blue border. Then I printed out vintage postcard images and added some glitter. I added vintage sheet music, baker's twine, and other embellishments for a simple, easy decoration.


I used some old beach photos as well. They have a wonderful nostalgic feel.

I hope you're having a Festive Fourth!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Something Special said...

How how patriotic. Love them very much! How clever to use those air mail envelopes. Just Perfect!

July 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

I love the holidays, too! Any excuse to bring out some festive and fun decor pieces makes this ol' gal quite happy. I love decorating with paper crafts, too. Your ideas using the airmail envelopes is just brilliant. I need to remember this. :)

July 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

They are all amazing, I really like how the air mail envelopes and twine look =D

July 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home