Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Magic of Oz

For Halloween, my niece is going to be Daphne from Scooby Doo. She has a list of Halloween costumes for the next ten years, which include Mary Poppins, Dorothy, Ariel, and just about every princess Disney ever thought up, including Tinkerbell. Her favorite movies to watch right now are Mary Poppins and The Wizard of Oz. I bought some of the fabulous Graphic 45 Magic of Oz papers and got busy putting together a paper bag album.

It's still a work in progress, as I haven't had a chance to really dress up all the pages yet. But I'll show you what I've got so far (as it may NEVER actually get completed).

Here is the cover:


And a few of my favorite pages inside. I wasn't picky about which story I followed - I used images from the movie, an old book, and the Graphic 45 papers.





Since it's a paper bag album, it must have tags tucked in the pockets.


I used an image of L. Frank Baum on this tag.


I used images from my book on these tags:



Everything seems like it needs more bling, to match the spectacle of the yellow bring road, the ruby slippers, the Emerald City, and all that magic.

I remember being a kid and watching The Wizard of Oz on TV, and loving the part when Dorothy walks into Munchkinland. I think this is my niece's favorite part, too. And she asks all kinds of questions - What was under that house? Why are the munchkins scared? How did Dorothy get those shoes? She's so full of awe and wonder. It will be sad when she outgrows it all.
 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is SO, SO cool, Erica!!! What an absolute treasure!

October 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home