Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Friday, December 23, 2011

A Home for Christmas

My scrappy friend Diana and her husband purchased their first house a couple months ago. In honor of her first Christmas in her new home, I made a little ornament for her tree. I started with a chipboard house shape, then covered it in patterned paper. Then I got busy decorating. I made shingles for the roof by cutting old sheet music with a border punch, then inking the edges.


I added a border of Liquid Pearls and a door that opens to reveal a vintage Christmas tree seal. A bleached and glittered tiny bottle brush tree and some pearlized holly leaves decorate the front. I added a shiny Merry Christmas sign and draped it with tinsel. To top it off, I added a heart of smoke from the chimney.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger dianapena8 said...

I love it! and will cherish it forever, Thank you very, very much, my new "Ornament-Made by very Talented Erica" will be on our Christmas tree every year :)

December 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

How sweet! What a thoughtful gift for your friend's first Christmas in their new house. Love the little bottle brush tree and the tinsel trim. And that heart coming from the chimney as smoke is just brilliant.

December 25, 2011 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Just found your blog via Pinterest. What adorable little ornaments you have been creating. Love your style.
Thanks for sharing, it is great inspiration and fun

December 28, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home