Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Junk

This past weekend, we ventured out to the country for the semi-annual Antique Alley antique sale and flea market. We didn't go to the spring sale this year since I was too busy packing up the house and didn't need to store more stuff. Now that we're moved into a bigger house, I need to start filling it up!

Here are my finds.

The floral fabric is actually vintage barkcloth curtains that will be hung in my craft room. I bought the two sewing patterns because I don't have any of hats and I thought the ice skating outfit was quite unique and would be great for a Christmas display.


I bought a bag full of the chandelier crystals, along with some old lace pieces, buckles, and little posy bouquet.

I found this set of Rudolph cake pans from one dealer. I got the bag of vintage tinsel garland for $1. I bought the scratched silver plate spoon because it has our monogram.


When I saw this box of vintage Christmas cards, I was a little disappointed that someone thought it was necessary to tape it closed with packing tape.


But then I opened the box and saw these two cuties and I didn't even care what the rest of the cards looked like!


This sweet planter will be used in next year's Easter Parade.


I bought this chippy wooden bench for our entryway, but it may end up on the front landing. It would look great with pumpkins and mums for fall. (Yes, I still have boxes all over the house that we have not unpacked, along with furniture just piled up.)


These photos were taken in my garage, so they aren't the greatest, but I had to show off this fabulous pulley I bought. I think we'll hang a light fixture from it in the kitchen. (I bought another, smaller pulley and the hook shown here at another sale last weekend.)


I don't have any idea what the original use for this piece was - the bottom is completely open. It is going to be a funky light fixture in the new kitchen area. The hook on top is perfect!


I also bought a great, very tall wooden ladder that we will lean on the tallest living room wall once that room is painted. I bought a small chippy luggage rack from one dealer, and then found the perfect tray to top it from another. It now sits in the downstairs bath to hold magazines and what-nots.

And finally, Husband HAD to stop at the apple kool-aid store, which happens to be right next to Anthropology. These cuties were calling my name as soon as I walked in the door. I can't wait until our kitchen is updated so I can display them.


We had a full weekend and have plans for another one this week. Hopefully I'll be able to share some pics of the house renovation soon.
 
 

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

What fun! You always manage to find such awesome stuff! LOVE that you have a bigger house now so that you can buy some larger items. I am totally jealous over the ladder....I've wanted one for the longest time but haven't managed to find a good one at a reasonable price. Can't wait to hear more about your lighting fixtures. I think the pulley thing would be awesome for one! Hope you share more soon!

September 25, 2013 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Wow! You have great finder's luck!
Every thing you found is fab. I especially love the Rudolf tins!
Hugs,
Terri

September 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Erica,
Love all your new junking stuff. Isn't it fun to have a new space to decorate with old stuff? You need to post pics of your ladder all decorated. A couple of weeks ago I pulled one out of our junk pile and brought it inside. I keep moving it from room to room, driving hubby crazy.

Hope you are enjoying a glorious fall. We have had a beautiful fall here, and Minnehaha Falls is going like crazy!
Kate
PS- that silver thing that you are making into a light is the cover to a chicken waterer. Can't wait to see the light you make with it! Sounds pretty cool.

October 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home