Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More Junk

Husband and I are looking for a new house. Or an old house. We want some land to raise a couple of babydoll sheep and some hens. The pickings are slim. We ventured down to Waxahachie, TX to take a second look at an old Victorian home and see if we could make a decision. So far, no decision.

But, they were having their city wide resale on the town square, and I was lucky enough to be there at the right time :)

Here is what I came home with.

Vintage linens - embroidered towel and tablecloth and an old pillowcase.


Another old towel and a few handkerchiefs. I also found a couple of postcards and a photo from a children's birthday party, a blingy rhinestone brooch, and an old pocketwatch. I also snatched up the old beaded flowers. I wish they had more!

   
We're still searching for the dream house, while we are busy getting our house ready to sell. It seems that our contractor bailed on us at the very end. Luckily, Husband is able to take over and finish the job.
 
 

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

Yes, luckily :-(

April 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Moving is such a huge undertaking. I wish you guys all the luck in the world finding your dream home. :)
How fun that you just so happened to stumble upon this sale. Love all the vintage goodies you found!

April 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Yeah, the old "looking for a house" trick huh. Just wanted to hit the resales I think.
I feel your pain, I was a Realtor for 26 years, retired, now have to deal with my own house. Hard!

April 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Lots of fun goodies! Good luck in your house hunting!

April 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger gayle said...

Gorgeous finds, I love the pocket watch :) good luck with the house hunting!

April 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Wonderful finds! I especially love the birthday party photo. Adorable! Keep looking for that special house and don't settle for less! Wish I had some land for a few chickens and a mini donkey :) I must look in to baby doll sheep, I have never heard of them. They sound adorable!! Have a wonderful night, Holly

May 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home