Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, July 13, 2009

Vintage Fashionista Collage

I finally finished my first collage project! I prepped the canvas months ago and never got around to actually creating the collage. For the background, I applied gesso to the canvas, then layered on vintage sewing patterns and gold paint.


The collage elements include the "fashion" page from an old dictionary, a few cut outs from old magazines and a Sears catalog, vintage lace and buttons, a millinery flower, and other little bits like a French stamp and postmark, sewing needle wrapper, and some great images from Graphic 45 paper.










I used watercolor crayons to add color and highlights to some of the ephemera.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty !

August 1, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home