Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Scrappy Swap Part 2

On Friday I shared what KellyAnne made for me in our swap. Here are the items that I made for her.

First is the tag - "The Paradise of Children." I used a vintage image and assorted vintage papers and images, lace and ribbons, and some sparkle.


For the altered item, I created this altered horseshoe. Painted white, it looks more like home decor than something from the barn. I stuffed and stitched a paper heart, painted and distressed a chipboard shape, and added a vintage millinery flower, lace, and the printed title - "With a little love and luck you will get by" (thank you Jimmy Buffet).

My hanging project was based on a quote that I read a few months ago in Somerset magazine: "We are born, we grow, and if we are really lucky, we fly." I just love the imagery that it conjures in my head. I found this adorable image of fairies and thought it would be perfect with the quote. I digitally added the quote to the image and printed it out. Then I started adding sparkle to it. I mounted it on distressed paper and matt board. Then I added flowers, bling, and some lace, ribbon, and fibers.


For me, the hardest part in creating for KellyAnne is that she doesn't like pink. I wanted to make my projects feminine, but without pink. This was a challenge for me! I tried to make turquoise and "old paper" my dominant color schemes. I know I snuck a little pink in there - I hope she doesn't mind!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a great job not making pink the dominant color in these beautiful projects. I think the horse shoe is my absolute favorite project. It was a very clever idea!
~Julz

October 4, 2009 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger gayle said...

Hmm yeah, can see a little bit of pink! lol
Three lovely pieces, really like the first one in particular - the things you can do with a tag!

October 4, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all my beautiful things and they are a source of inspiration, especially all the layers and fabric use. And I don't mind a little pink at all, they are so pretty and feminine! Thanks, My friend - KellyAnne

October 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home