Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Valentine's Day Inchies

Before Christmas, I saw some bloggers already posted Valentine's Day projects. That was a bit early for me, especially since I still had Christmas projects to share. Now that we've gotten past New Year's, I'm ready for the next year of holidays.

I did a swap with a few friends for Valentine inchies. If you don't know what an inchie is, cut a piece of paper to one-inch square, decorate it, and now you have inchie!

I'm still waiting on most of the inchies to come in, but here is a sample of the inchies that I created.



After cutting my paper, I realized that one inch is not a lot of real estate. I covered a piece of cardboard with a square of vintage sheet music. Then I cut out red hearts from cardstock. I wanted them to be asymmetrical, so I cut them freehand. After adhering the hearts, I dry brushed white paint over the entire inchie and then used a swirly stamp and pink Distress Ink to give the background more pattern. I glued on a little heart confetti and wrote "LOVE" on each heart.

This is the first inchie I've ever created. I think making these with a holiday theme helped my creativity a bit more, because I love making holiday projects. They have an obvious theme.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are wonderful! I hope you'll be able to join us for more inchies in the future! I can't wait to see these in person!

January 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger CB said...

I LOVE this! I'm hosting an all-day Valentine's Crop at our church next month and I might do these as a make-and-take.

You are so creative! I get your updates every day and it just makes me smile.

~Cindy

January 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home