Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Change Is Good

My friend Julie has a beautiful quote in her signature: Without change, there'd be no butterflies.

This quote was the inspiration for this tag. I was playing with my watermark ink, a butterfly stamp, and Glimmer Mists when I made this tag. The background is a piece of white cardstock that I stamped butterflies on using watermark ink. Then I sprayed it with a couple shades of Glimmer Mist. I didn't think the butterflies showed up very well because the mist was a little too dark. So, I used this as the background. Since it didn't completely cover the mailing tag, I used a scrap of paper in a complementary pattern at the top.  I used another butterfly stamp on another piece of misted paper, this time stamping with ordinary black ink. I cut out the butterfly and adhered it to the tag.


I embellished with a couple of Prima flowers, a button, and a scrap of tulle. I typed the quote on my old typewriter and adhered it to fill in the blanks on the tag. To cover the "seam" of the two papers meeting, I used a coordinating piece of vintage trim.

Thanks, Julie, for the inspiration!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I was inspiration for you??!! Awesome! You are welcome! I love the tag! That is a fantastic butterfly stamp too! The colors you used are so tranquil! Beautiful work!

July 3, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Natasha Burns said...

the tag looks great! i love the fun colour combination, it's really pretty

July 8, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home