Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Postage Stamp Tags - Tag Tuesday

I played along with this week's Tag Tuesday prompt: postage. I made two tags that incorporated postage stamps and a "mail" theme.

On this first tag, I adhered part of an old letter to a shipping tag and gently aged it with some Distress Ink. A friend of mine sent the stamped image to me, so I cut her out and made her "Jeanie." I stitched on pink lace at the bottom and added a coordinating pink stamp and ribbon loop at the top.


"From Paris With Love" uses printed canvas as the tag. I embellished it with sequined fabric, an Eiffel Tower image, tulle, flowers, antique button, and other bits and bobs. My French postage stamp finishes off the piece. I tied multiple trims in brown and black at the top.

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These tags are just beautiful! The black and brown Paris tag is just breathtaking!! I love the way you added stitiching to it!

June 23, 2010 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

They are both very Beautiful, my fav is the Paris one =D

June 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful tags, great work.

June 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline said...

Really love your tags! Gorgeous!

June 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Jean Franks Beck said...

Both of these tags are stunning! I love that you've used a real handwritten letter (I love "authentic"!), and the bottom one with the stitching and all the other gorgeous details is fabulous, too!

June 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Both tags are wonderful. I love to use "real" old stuff too. Great job!

June 23, 2010 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both Tags are Wonderful, I really love the way you embellished the Paris Tag...

June 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Both wonderful tag but I especially love the Paris tag, great image.

June 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Wonderful tags! Love the female standing on that pretty lace trim!

June 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Both of these are equally lovely.

June 24, 2010 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Faye said...

Both of your tags are so beautiful, each in its unique way. I love the first one for its simplicity and the letter behind that fabulous woman. Then the second one is elegant with the lace and flower. Lovely work.

June 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

These are great! Don't you just love the old timey handwriting. And that second tag--LOVE LOVE French! Beautiful colors, embellies and an awesome image.

June 24, 2010 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Jane Wetzel said...

both your tags are sooooo awesome- LOVE Paris images!

June 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Such gorgeous tags! I really like the first one, simply lovely. Glad you joined in the challenge this week.

June 25, 2010 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Oh my, do I ever love your Parisian tag! Both of your tags are fun and I love the hand written look on your first one.

June 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home