Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, July 26, 2010

Ribbon Bookmarks

About a year and a half ago, I found Andrea Singarella's blog. It was love at first site. Her art is so soft and beautiful. The first project I saw was her velvet ribbon bookmarks with vintage baubles. (Check it out here.) Since I am a hoarder collector of vintage bits and bobs, I wanted some ribbon bookmarks for myself. I scoured the local bead stores for the ribbon clamps, but found only one package of two. So, I made a pretty little bookmark.


I was shopping at JoAnn's on Saturday, and found a few packages of the ribbon clamps on sale, so I bought what they had. Now I can make more! My MIL has a birthday this week, so I made a beaded cross for her and turned it into a bookmark.


I'm so happy that I was able to get my hands on these ribbon clamps. I didn't want the hassle of ordering them online and trying to figure out what size ribbon they would fit. Another toy I bought this weekend is a hot fix rhinestone setter. I'm hoping to embellish jewelry, fabric, and glass with it. Stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great bookmarks!! Love em!

July 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous kate said...

Hi!
I think my computer will finally be fixed tomorrow, so excited, I can get caught up with everything I missed out on. Loved all you latest projects, and your Paris swap, ooooo lala! So much fun.

I can't wait until the Junk Bonanza, I know some of the vendors who will be there, and they have fabulous stuff. I am saving my pennies!!!

Enjoy the rest of the week, we are having beautiful weather here!
Kate

July 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home