Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New (Old) Treasures

I picked up a few goodies at a garage sale:


Old sewing basket with a few goodies still inside, including a bone thread winder, old tatting tools and thread, sheet music, 100-year-old French postcards, old reel to reels (I plan to use the boxes; Husband may have a plan for the reels), and a bag of Christmas tree candle clips. I also bought an old shipping crate that I plan to dress up for Christmas.

My biggest surprise was inside the tatting box - I found an old Marines uniform button. I'm trying to determine if it's from the Civil War or WWI. Either way, it's worth a lot more than the $1 I paid for the box full.

I'm already working on some Christmas goodies, so I'll be posting projects soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous juliaom said...

Wonderful, darn I would have wrestled you to the ground for this one.

November 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Juliaom said...

You must check out this new book "The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt" by Caroline Preston, she has a blog, and its full of vintage stuff.

November 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger janah said...

Jealous! I love vintage sewing stuff the just speak to me. Well worth the $1.. The stories they could tell.

November 2, 2011 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh! I just oohed and ahhed when I was looking at this picture! Great finds! That button is definitely worth more than the $1 for the box!!

November 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home