Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, March 23, 2009

Productive Weekend

I got a lot of projects completed (or at least started) this past weekend. One of them was NOT updating the website to include the "store." I did get this cute little tag made. Isn't she a sweetie?


I had previously "aged" some manilla shipping tags by soaking them in a strong coffee/vanilla/cinnamon soak, then baked in the oven until nice and dry. I made my first at attempt at using Tim Holtz's alcohol inks - they were much darker than I expected and didn't go on like I wanted. So, I sprinkled on some water and liked the effect on the back of the tag better, so that's the side I used.

Then I used one of Tim's new clear stamps from the French Market collection and added the scrap of paper at the top - the Eiffel Tower on the paper was the perfect touch. I added the vintage image and distressed the sides of the tag. Then I started layering on ribbons, vintage lace, inked flowers, beads, and an old Bingo chip. Oila! My new friend was born. She's keeping me company in my office. She has such a sweet, friendly face.

I'm hoping to have time to do a series of these tags. She was a lot of work for such a small project, but lots of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous tag & that Spring banner is amazing! Love all your jewlery pieces, very impressive. :)

March 26, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home