Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Evangeline ATC

I made this ATC yesterday to try out the new Pearl Ex pigment powders that I purchased. First, I cut the black cardstock to the correct size (2.5" x 3.5" for an ATC), then I used a Tim Holtz stamp and clear embossing ink for the background. I brushed on several colors of Pearl Ex in the different areas of the stamped image.

Next, I started layering on the ephemera and lace - a piece of vintage black lace along the bottom edge, tea-stained lace along the top, a heart cut from a Victorian calendar, a remnant of old sheet music, and our star - "Evangeline" - cut from an old postcard image. I added a bow made from a piece of sewing pattern paper, lace remnant, and corsage pin with beads. I added mini pearl bling for a necklace and Stickles to the flowers she holds. The text, "love, peace and contentment," is where she gets her name - I cut them from Longfellow's poem "Evangeline" in an old school reader.

I think she came together quite nicely. I decorated the back with Pearl Ex and another Tim Holtz stamp, but that's just for the recipient of this little gem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home