Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, April 20, 2009

Christening Card

This weekend, our niece Angela is being Christened. We will be the proud Godparents. I made this card to go along with her gift.


The sentiment inside reads:

Please God...
Grant this little child your love
As each new day appears,
Grant her parents guidance
And wisdom throughout the years.
Smile down upon this Christening
And in your loving way,
Let your presence gently bless
This little one today.

Here's what I did:

I inked the edges of the card base using Versamark Cinnamon ink. I hand stitched dark grey embroidery floss around a piece of Basic Grey Sultry paper (Whisper). Before applying the paper to the card base, I added a pink ribbon layered with vintage lace to the paper.

I added Prima Nursery Tales flowers, a vintage button, and a butterfly cut from layered newspaper using a Martha Stewart punch. (I stapled the layers together in the middle.) I added some Crystal Stickles and Glossy Accents to the butterfly and flower.

I stamped the bird and branch onto vellum using a Tim Holtz Urban Grunge stamp and Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink. I cut out the bird and branch and adhered it using spray adhesive. (This is the only adhesive that I've found that is completely transparent under vellum.)

I printed the verse onto vellum and ahered it using spray adhesive.

1 Comments:

Blogger gayle said...

It's stunning Erica, what a beautiful memento of a special day

April 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home