Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We're Off to See the Wizard

Actually, we just got back. We took advantage of the long weekend and jetted off to Orlando. We spent a few days in Disney World and one magical day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios. Here are just a few pics from our trip.

On our first night, we bought tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It was a lot of fun and the park was not crowded, so we got to ride many of the rides.


See that bag husband is holding? We got to trick or treat through the park. He loved it!


Special Halloween fireworks. (I preferred the Halloween fireworks in Disneyland, but these were beautiful.)


Then it was off to Hogwarts Castle at Universal. Here I am with the Hogwarts Express conductor.


My favorite ride was the one through the castle. I thoroughly enjoyed the wait because you got to see many Hogwarts artifacts, including the moving paintings, Dumbledore's office, and the Sorting Hat.


Hagrid's hut as we're waiting to ride Buckbeak.


Here I am with my second cup of frozen butterbeer outside the Three Broomsticks.


Husband's favorite part of the trip was the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. We literally ate our way through all the countries, sampling food, wine, and dessert from each one.
 


Yes, we're still eating the next day. Here I am at Disney's Hollywood Studios, after riding the Rock n Roller Coaster and just before we got on Toy Story Midway Mania - a new favorite! 


We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back again!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dianapena8 said...

Looks like lots of fun :), especially Harry Potter World, I really really really want to go!!!!

October 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I hadn't talked to anyone that had been to H. Potterland. I'm the only fan in my family, but I'd still like to go! That castle looks amazing!

October 14, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger gayle said...

What a fantastic trip! Such a shame we missed you by such a short time, but thanks for posting your pics - reminds me of a wonderful holiday! We both really enjoyed that food festival too! :)

October 19, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home