Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Green Fairy

I spent some time this past weekend playing in my art journal. I used this image on a few Easter cards and I knew I wanted to turn her into a fairy.

I started by layering vintage wallpaper, doily, and patterned papers. Then I painted them all using green and turquoise paint dabbers.


 I gave my fairy sparkly wings and a golden rabbit.


My fairy needed a humble little cottage. Since she has a golden rabbit, of course she has a rhinestone tree.


These pages turned out to be my favorites so far!
 

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger liszha said...

And mine! A big wow here!!!

May 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

At pages are always so fun and these are absolutely fabulous ones, Erica! Love that little fairy and love her house and magical tree. And that golden bunny on a leash just makes me smile. :)

May 14, 2012 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

Gorgeous, Love it! =D

May 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, I LOVE your work! But a question that frequently comes to mind, especially when you mentioned mailing the mother's day card and now more pages in your art journal...how do you protect the pages and your work -- Do you use some special padding? How do you make sure that postal processing doesn't ruin the card within the envelope?

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!!

May 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home