Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, August 6, 2012

Memory Pillow

The benefit of temperatures too hot to venture outside is I spend time in my craft room and complete a few projects. I picked up a pillow form on sale at JoAnn's on Saturday and made this pillow on Sunday.


I already had yards of muslin fabric, so I constructed the pillow cover with it. I also stitched a ruffled border.


I printed an old photo of my grandmother onto printable fabric and sewed this to the front and added a lace border. I typed "FAMILY" onto a scrap of muslin and sewed this on as well.

Here she is tucked among the other pillows on my sofa. I think she looks adorable!


This project was so easy to complete. I'm already going through my photos trying to decide which one to use next!
 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

This looks really cool on the couch!

August 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What a wonderful idea!

August 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous project! Love the whole vintage look of your pillow, but it's made even more precious by the use of your grandmother's photo! This rocks!

August 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

Extremely Pretty, having your grandmothers photo on it makes it extra special =Di

August 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home