Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, December 24, 2012

Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town

... in a hot air balloon!

I've been wanting to make some hot air balloon ornaments out of some of my junkier vintage ornaments for a while, and finally got around to making one. He won't be the last.


I started with a paper nut cup, which I stained brown using Distress Stain and then wrapped with a perfectly-sized scrap of very old lace trim. I cut a small scalloped border from vintage sheet music, and the basket was complete.

I used silver pipe cleaners and vintage tinsel to make the balloon ropes, which are attached to the inside of the basket and to the sides of a vintage glass ornament.


Inside the basket, I placed a vintage Santa ornament, a bleached and glittered bottle brush tree, a few small glass ornaments, and sparkly sequins.
 
Santa also has a small jingle bell to announce his arrival. I hope he's coming to see you tonight!
 

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dianapena8 said...

Extremely CUTE! =Di

December 27, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home