Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, January 7, 2013

Goodbye Christmas

Now that the Epiphany has passed, I have no excuse not to take down the Christmas stuff, but I don't want to. I force Husband to leave the outside lights on until January 6 (the Epiphany, or Three Kings Day), and I usually start taking down the Christmas stuff the following weekend. I just know the house is going to look and feel so bare and cold without all of it. So, I thought I'd share one last shot of Christmas with you.

I found these little treasures right before Christmas at a local thrift store. I got them all for 25 cents! I'm sure I'll repurpose them in projects for next Christmas.


We brought our Christmas guests to my favorite little town in OK last week, and I had to stop in for some bargains at one of my all-time favorite antique malls. I picked up a few treasures.

Antique ephemera: 100+ year old TX property deeds, an Easter card, and a couple of Christmas/New Year's cards.


A bag full of vintage light reflectors. I'll add these to my collection to make more ornaments next year.


More ornaments. The striped one will be used as a hot air balloon, and maybe some of the small ones, too.


Now I can sigh, "Christmas is over."
 
 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home