Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swirlydoos Kit Club, Ultimate Designer Challenge. Week 3

This week's challenge was to emboss metal tape and create something with it. My creation is called "Easter in Fairy Grove."

I started with this empty box that was destined for the recycle bin.


 And here is the final project:


I deconstructed the box, covered the outside with vintage wallpaper and the inside with various vintage papers. The patterned paper is Prima "Printery" and Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime."


I embossed the metal sheets and then cut it into strips and painted with gold alcohol ink to create a frame around my shadowbox.


I also made a variety of flowers using the metal, which I inked with alcohol ink or colored with permanent markers.
 

In case you couldn't tell, the rabbit is moveable, so he can deliver the eggs among the fairies and friends. I added an embossed and inked butterfly to his pole.


I had so much fun with this week's challenge! I would not have thought to use the metal in the ways that I did if I hadn't been pushed to do so.
 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! You make the most amazing altered pieces! So unique and just absolutely stunning!!

February 12, 2013 at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home