Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'd rather be an April fool...

...than a year-round idiot. That's my bit of wisdom for the day.

It appears that Spring has finally arrived here in North Texas. We've seen some glimpses of it for a few months now. But I'm hoping that the hail storm we had the other night was our official signal of the end to winter.

We had a little sparrow couple build a nest in our birdhouse this past weekend. Soon, we'll have baby birds calling their mama for food. The birds inspired me this week - I'm working on some wired birds' nest pendants that I will share with you later in the week.

For today, I have another altered art piece. This one was very easy. I found this old photo still in the display card while junking in Oklahoma. I added some vintage lace pieces, wired on some beads, and added the letter charms to spell "FAMILY." I added more wire so I can hang it on our armoire in the living room.

2 Comments:

Anonymous scrappygayle said...

Lovely and simple, great piece :)

April 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Thespoena McLaughlin said...

This is really nice I love it.

November 12, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home