Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Finds

I made a couple quick trips in search of some supplies this weekend. Here is one trip's bounty from an antique mall. Most of the items in this mall were over-priced, but I found one gem of a booth where I scored most of these items. Vintage dress patterns, buttons, fabric and a 1963 cooking/how-to manual for women - "Woman Talk."


My favorite part is advice on how to convince your husband that you can't afford to spend money on a new car with a little reverse psychology. "You are much smarter than I am about important things like the purchasing of a car. I guess the final word would really be yours. Men know all about those things, you know." Can you believe that this is actually "advice" for women?

I also took my friend Stormy to The Red Shed Antiques sale on Saturday morning. I walked away with a few treasures, including this little altered art "tag" that I'll put up in my new craft room.

I have some more really great finds that I'll share this week. The craft room is coming along nicely. Now I need to try and organize 400 pounds of stuff into a 100-pound space. Here's a tiny preview of what I've been working on to get it ready.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy Erica! You did find some nice stuff this weekend! The advice for women was hysterical. My, how times have changed! :) Good luck getting 400lbs. of stuff into the 100 lb space! LOL.

~Julie

September 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home