Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, August 13, 2009

You've Got Style

I created this layout of my niece using some die cuts from The Scrappy Shack. I took this photo of her "all dolled up" while we were vacationing in Cape Cod.

Here's what I did:
First, I sprayed the Circles Lace Paper and Large Flourish Frame with gold Glimmer Mist. I added brown distress ink to the Circles paper to alter the red and make it match the background paper. As these were drying, I distressed some pattern paper and added it to my background with a notecard I bought in the $1 bin at Michael's.

I distressed the edges of the photo with my scissors and adhered it to the layout on top of the red Circles paper. I layered the Flourish Frame on top of her photo to frame her face and added sparkly rhinestones to each side of the frame (the girl loves "diamonds").

Then I inked a Tim Holtz grungeboard flourish, tied a Blue Moon metal charm to it, and stitched it onto the corner using black embroidery floss.


On the left side of the layout, I added a Pink Paislee fabric flower (which just arrived and matched my layout perfectly!) and created a little charm using a Tim Holtz Fragments acryclic tag, vintage sheet music, and a metal heart charm.

At the top, I added the title "You've Got Style" using my Dymo label maker and glittery Foof a La letters (a birthday gift from my friend Melzie). I tied a piece of black velvet ribbon onto the "S" and she was done!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gayle said...

Loving all the different parts to look at on this page, it's fabulous :)

August 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Staci said...

The grungy flourish and its stitching is my favorite--love it!

August 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home