Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vintage Valentine Swap

I'm participating in a few Valentine's swaps this month. One of my projects is a vintage style hanging.

I used one of the Jenni Bowlin Valentine Bingo cards as the base, inking it with Distress Inks to tone down the white. I used my new sewing machine to stitch a sewing pattern tissue ruffle, which I adhered around the card. I cut out the vintage image and added a small plastic flower to her headband, along with white Pearl Accents and Diamond Stickles.



Since I called this one "Love Letters", I needed a little pile of them. I tore and folded pieces of vintage book paper for the bottom layers. The top layer is a piece of a vintage letter. I tied the stack with red and pink baker's twine and adhered a pen nib. Before adding the letters to the base, I adhered a piece of tea-stained cheese cloth under them for more softness and texture.

I layered some Prima flowers and a velvet leaf and attached them to the ribbon hanger, adding a large adhesive pearl to the flower center.

I'm making a couple different varieties of this hanging. I'll share them as soon as I have some time to get them done!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dolores said...

beautiful

January 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Auntie Cake said...

Hi~
Love your Valentine's swap creation! It's adorable, and that stack of love letters at the bottom is just the sweetest touch, along with the flower on her hat. Lucky you to have gotten to pet the baby kangaroo! I love her little pouch.

Your inchies are great also. I have to try my hand at making some inchies. I have bought some, but never thought of making my own... I love yours, hope you share the rest when you get 'em. Have a great day,
Kate

January 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love the love letter bundle! It is the perfect addition!

January 14, 2010 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger K said...

beautiful canvas!

January 14, 2010 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Beautiful!

January 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home