Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sunny California

We took an extended weekend trip for Valentine's/President's Day to southern California. We had an exhausting good time.



We went to Disneyland, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, and the Long Beach Flea Market. This is one of my favorite flea markets, and I of course came home with some treasures.

Here are a couple of pics from the flea market. Unfortunately, I didn't think to even take pictures until I was half-way through. I loved this retro van, advertising their vintage wares.


This booth had wonderful display appeal.


And, here are the treasures that came home with me. This was my first find - an old school photo.


I found a huge stash of beautiful trims, so I brought home a dozen different styles. I also found a guy selling the frozen Charlotte heads, that he had dug up with friends outside of an old factory in Germany.


I found a TON of ephemera. It was so cheap, it was like buying in bulk. I found old trading cards, advertising cards, religious cards, postcards...


A large pile of old correspondence. These letters/bills/cards were all from one family in Los Angeles from the 1920s through 1950s. I also bought a sweet child's hanger (planning to make an Easter hanging with it), and assorted cupcake pics. I think the pilgrims will become spun cotton dolls.


And even more beautiful ephemera.


We had a fantastic time, and can't wait to go back again!
 
 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I want to go there! What fabulous finds, Erica! I KNOW you are going to make some fabulous projects with all these new goodies!

February 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Something Special said...

Erica, I love the cake topper. I guess it kind of ages in relationship to you. My Husband and I will be celebrating our 35th this year. I also love all your wonderful finds at the flea market. I long to be able to find and attend a flea market like that one. Thanks for your sweet comment over at my blog dear friend.

March 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home