Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Farewell Craft Room

My craft room is all packed up, into 45 boxes that are now filling our storage unit.

This area was my work station, with boxes of ribbons, stamps, flowers, and bling filling the shelves. Old books, ephemera, Christmas supplies, and a lot "miscellany" filled the cabinets and drawers. I also displayed many of the beautiful gifts people have made for me over the years.


And this is what it looks like now:


This wall was full of built-in shelves, cabinets, and drawers that held most of my supplies.


And now it's a big mess. Even my "Glitter shelves" behind the door are gone.


We are completely gutting the room to fix the series of odd changes and cracks and bumps in the walls from previous owners. We are scraping the ceiling of the ugly popcorn texture, and putting in new carpet. All in the name of "real estate."

We are hoping to sell our first home this spring. What we are really hoping is that we find a new house to move into. I want some land so I can keep a couple of goats and some chickens, close enough to Husband's work, and at a reasonable price. Right now, it all seems like too much to ask because the pickings are slim (to none). We hope the market picks up in the next month or so and we find our dream house.

I did keep a variety of supplies (that are overflowing the dining room) so I can continue to craft while we work on moving.
 
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Oh I feel your pain. My dining room is a scrap nightmare and I foresee selling in a short time.
Also I was a Realtor for 26 years and still don't understand rebuilding your home for the next buyer. The sellers of my present home spent months doing that and I tore it all out also. Seems a wast of money to me as most buyers won't like it anyway.

March 19, 2013 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Something Special said...

When I think about doing that to my room someday, I mean pack it up I get a lump in my throat. But things change as does life. I am happy that you are still crafting. My studio is so important to me, that I know it must have been hard to pack it all up. But hope you find the perfect goat chicken and craft room place. Happy Spring

March 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, what a huge undertaking! I wish you much luck in finding your dream home! Love that you want some land to raise goats and chickens. One of my closest friends recently moved to a property with land, and now she's got a full coop of chickens. She's got a variety, but I am absolutely amazed at the Easter Egger chickens.......never heard of such craziness in my whole life, but I adore them. She's given me some of their eggs to decorate with this spring. :)

March 20, 2013 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home