Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Create Banner

I made this banner for a friend's birthday. Since it's something to hang in her scrap room, I made it in colors that match her room, rather than fluffy pinks and fairies that would match mine.

I started with a Maya Road canvas album that I embellished with burlap, cardboard scallops, painted alphas, and paper flowers.


Using the pre-made banner pieces allowed me to spend time on the embellishing instead of cutting and stitching canvas.


I used a set of alphas that have a great pattern, but the color scheme wasn't right.So, I painted them red. You can still see the pattern through the paint, but not the colors.


I added a scalloped piece of cardboard that I further distressed and added paint, a denim-pattern scalloped circle, and navy seam binding to tie it all together.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love this!!! Great banner project!

May 31, 2012 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger dianapena8 said...

Love it! Thank you very very much, the color combo and design is perfect for my room, you are do thoughtful :) and I really like how those hand made flowers look =D

June 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Audrey Pettit said...

How fabulous! Your friend must be thrilled! Love the mixed-media on here. The canvas and burlap mixed with the cardboard is fantastic. Really love the rolled flowers, too.

June 6, 2012 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home