Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Monday, January 18, 2010

Soft and Feminine Cards

I made a few cards using some paper scraps, leftovers, and vintage images. The overall look is very "pink," but that's what makes them so soft and feminine.

This card was inspired by the quote that I used from James M. Barrie: God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December. The words conjure such lovely thoughts. I used an image from Crafty Secrets, K&Co paper, vintage sheet music, Prima flowers, ribbon scraps, and some bling.



This card uses another image from Crafty Secrets, Basic Grey paper, a vintage book page and other paper scraps. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.



Here's a closeup of that sweet birdie:



Finally, this card features a stamped image as the focal point. The lady and "vintage" are two stamps I bought at Big Lots months ago. I stamped them onto cardstock, and then colored in the lady. I layered a piece of soft pink vellum on top of the image to mute it even more. The background is a collage of pink and vintage paper scraps. I created a layered flower, tied on a ribbon scrap, and put in a pearl stick pin.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope that winter is being kind to you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! Love the look of them.

January 18, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Auntie Cake said...

Are the bird/envelope and the nest with kids and the bird from Crafty Secrets? I really wish you were my next door neighbor, so I cold just run over and ooh and aah at your marvelous creations... They are always over the top fabulous!!!
Kate

January 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love the jeweled one the most :)

January 20, 2010 at 4:59 PM  
Anonymous online writing jobs said...

such cool!! great!

May 4, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home