Zunky Chic


Home                 About                 Contact

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Love with MOSD

Today is my monthly post for Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs. Please stop by and leave me some love! Speaking of love, here's a Valentine project that I put together using one of MOSD's Perfectly Shaped Circle Scallop build-a-book pages.

The scalloped edges give another layer of ruffle to my project, and the chipboard makes a sturdy base for all the layers. First, I covered the chipboard with patterned paper. Then I adhered a ruffle of dress pattern paper to the back. Of course, I added Diamond Stickles to the edge of the tissue paper to give it a little sparkle.



I cut out a heart from vintage sheet music and added stitching around the edges, using my new sewing machine that Husband bought me for Christmas. I cut out another heart from pink paper using scallop-edge scissors and adhered it under the sheet music heart. Under these layered paper hearts, I added a ruffle of vintage edging.



To give the piece the color it needed, I added a Fancy Pants rub-on rose and Thickers glittered alphas to spell "love."

I've been busy getting some Valentine's projects complete, and I'll share more next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

That is beautiful!!!!!

January 23, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just so pretty! I love all the ruffles!

January 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home